Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Travel Coordinator to support the Travel Department located at the Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. Coordinates travel arrangements for official HJF business travel. Reports to the Travel Supervisor.
- Ensures Travel Requests are properly approved, necessary documentation is attached and processed in a timely manner;
- Coordinates domestic and international air, rail, hotel, car rental and shuttle reservations and pays registration fees for official HJF business travel. Ensures detailed trip purpose/agenda is attached to the Travel Request Form and matches travel dates;
- Provides guidance to government employees on how to utilize the HJF Travel Office using a non-federal source. Prepays reservations "in-kind" such as air, hotel, meals, shuttle, rental car, airport parking and conference registration. Provides needed documentation for official travel orders;
- Processes Participant Travel Requests ensuring needed authorizations are attached and HIPPA rules are being followed.
- Encumbers all prepaid expenditures including airline tickets, hotels, hotel deposits, registration fees and shuttle service. Works with primary analyst to resolve any budget issues, period-of-performance date discrepancies and additional authorizations.
- Trains end users on use of HJF's TMC partner and the online booking tool;
- Gives traveler access to create a traveler profile to book reservations through HJF's TMC partner. Trains end-users on the use of HJF's TMC and online booking tool;
- Possesses an understanding of HJF's financial system in Oracle Purchasing and Grant modules. Works with primary analyst to resolve any budget issues and period-of-performance date discrepancies;
- Reconciles monthly Travel Office credit cards. Collects and attaches supporting documentation for each transaction;
- Coordinates with HJF staff, customers and travelers to communicate and resolve travel issues;
- Keeps the Travel Supervisor informed of ongoing or unresolved issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Detail Oriented. Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills, Ability to handle multiple tasks and make independent business decisions. Knowledge of Excel, Oracle Purchasing, Payables, Internet Expense, and Grants module.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 1 — 2 year’s business experience.
Work Environment: Office environment.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.