Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Project Manager to support the Center for Rehabilitation Services Research (CRSR) for the Uniformed Services University and Walter Reed National Naval Medical Center located in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CRSR.
Candidate will be responsible for providing research and administrative project oversight in order to maximize the effective use of project resources. Specific areas include: ensuring all institutional review board processes have been followed, strategic planning, budget and accounting, personnel management, overall management, contracts, and purchasing. Works on problems of moderate scope and exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies. Works closely under guidance of and in collaboration with the USU investigators on four research areas at multiple sites. Also, works closely with multiple site investigators.
He/she must have a demonstrated track record of achieving project deliverables on time, be organized/diligent, have experience managing diverse clinical personnel, and have excellent written/verbal skills.
1. Facilitates information flow between key stake holders (which may include but are not limited to: study personnel, program members, directors, USU/WRNMMC, and the Foundation).
2. Coordinates the decision-making process between all program participants.
3. Directs, coordinates, and conducts personnel actions and furnishes guidance and assistance as needed.
4. Assists with formulation of budgets and executes and manages the budget for the project(s). Maintains systems of controls to account for all expenditures.
5. Coordinates, and conducts personnel actions and furnishes guidance and assistance as needed.
6. Provides advice on manpower utilization, work flow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements for the program.
7. Ensures all studies are within Institutional Review Board and HIPAA compliance.
8. Prepares requests for contract actions and proposals. Assures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules, and provisions. Coordinates and approves the initiation and processing of purchase orders, supply sources, work orders and maintenance and renovation requests. Authorizes payment of invoices..
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, the federal budget process, office automation; ability to work completely independently; ability to use sound judgement in solving problems; ability to coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelors degree in scientific field or related field (Masters Preferred with PMP certification)
Minimum Experience: 6 to 10 years related experience in program management
Physical Capabilities: n/a
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: supervises support staff
Work Environment: office and laboratory setting
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.