Join the HJF Team!
The mission of the Uniformed Services University (USU) is to provide the highest quality education programs in the health sciences to those selected individuals who demonstrate dedication to a career in the health professions in the Uniformed Services. The USU is authorized to grant appropriate advanced academic degrees and has established postdoctoral, postgraduate, and technological institutes. Programs in continuing education for military members of the health professions have been established so that the highest standards of health care may be maintained within the military medical departments. The USU must be responsible to the overall educational needs of the Military Departments relating specifically to the preparation of individuals for careers in the health professions. The USU is developing programs designed to recruit and retain superior health science professionals as faculty and researcher, and to ensure maximum utilization of the health science labor force, facilities, and equipment available within military medical departments worldwide.
This position is located in the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Office of the Vice President for Information and Education Technology/C10.Business Process Improvement and Project Management (BPIPM).
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The work of the position involves the development of documentation in support of software developer and application delivery). The individual will work with functional proponents, developers, requirements analysts, and the project management team to create appropriate development and test documtation and execution.
- Works with multiple CIO personnel and University functional proponents to create documentation. The position requires exceptional writing and communications skills and a broad background in application software testing, software development and information technology generally.
- Participates in the requirements development process. Meets with the USU Requirements Analyst, Project Manager, development team and functional proponents to document requirements, specific individual and team tasks, requirements traceability matrices, tracking tickets and project / program design documents.
- In conjunction with the team creates functional test plans to validate that code meets functional requirements. Monitors the conduct of tests and supports development team by communicating with functional proponents, updating documentation and entering tickets / tasks. Uses JIRA to document the testing process and submit tickets for corrective actions.
- Participates in reliable testing of code and continued validation that systems operate as designed. Monitors/participates in/the test program and ensures that issues are tracked and resolved. Develops milestones for test planning and execution and oversees accomplishment of these activities. Uses specified collaboration and management tools to support requirements development and issue tracking.
- Reviews documentation to ensure that all requirements are included and mapped to test and implementation plans.
- Work directly with the functional, PM, Requirements Analyst and Development Team to develop user documentation, guides, tips and tricks, FAQs and other associated guides.
- As assigned work as a requirements analyst to collect requirement from functional and technical proponents. Specifically supports the Business and Academic Research Computing Committee (BARC) by meeting with functional to develop business cases for submission to the BARC.
- Performs staff functions in a command headquarters, component staff or equivalent major policy-making organization involved in systems life cycle functions. Serves as the functional expert in assigned functional areas.
- Participates with decision makers in setting program goals and establishing priorities to support the organization mission.
- Develops organizational policy and procedures for implementation of guidance from higher level authority and provides advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.
- Develops policies and standards related to the scope and extent of service provided. Applies expert knowledge of issues to ensure that policies are relevant to actual operating environments.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.