Join the HJF Team!
The mission of the Uniformed Services University (USU) is to provide the highest quality education programs in the health sciences to those selected individuals who demonstrate dedication to a career in the health professions in the Uniformed Services. The USU is authorized to grant appropriate advanced academic degrees and has established postdoctoral, postgraduate, and technological institutes. Programs in continuing education for military members of the health professions have been established so that the highest standards of health care may be maintained within the military medical departments. The USU must be responsible to the overall educational needs of the Military Departments relating specifically to the preparation of individuals for careers in the health professions. The USU is developing programs designed to recruit and retain superior health science professionals as faculty and researcher, and to ensure maximum utilization of the health science labor force, facilities, and equipment available within military medical departments worldwide.
This position is located in the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Office of the Vice President for Information and Education Technology/CIO, Business Process Innovation and Project Management (BPIPM).
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The work of the position involves the development of functional and technical business requirements for Enrollment supporting systems. Enrollment systems include but are not limited to the Empower Student Information System, Lottery, document management, admissions, academic advising and associated business processes. The individual will work with functional proponents, developers, other requirements analysts, cyber security specialists, and the project management team to create appropriate requirements and business processes..
- Works with multiple CIO personnel and University functional proponents to create documentation. The position requires exceptional writing and communications skills and a broad background in functional requirement development, software development processes and information technology generally.
- Participates in the requirements development process. Meets with other USU Enrollments/Registrar staff, USU Requirements Analyst, Project Manager, Development team and functional proponents to document requirements. Develops specific individual and team tasks, requirements traceability matrices, tracking tickets and project / program design documents.
- Monitors compliance by vendors to requirements in awarded contracts and reports deviation from specification to the requisite COTR.
- Support the team in the development of "stories" and associated tickets around sets of functional requirements to enable the software development team to work on a list of requirements and move through the software development process.
- Develops project management documentation to communicate timeline and status to stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the development team creates functional test plans to validate that code meets functional requirements. Monitors the conduct of tests and supports development team by communicating with functional proponents, updating documentation and entering tickets / tasks.
- Participates in reliable testing of code and continued validation that systems operate as designed. Monitors the test program and ensures that issues are tracked and resolved. Develops milestones for test planning and execution and oversees accomplishment of these activities. Uses specified collaboration and management tools to support requirements development and issue tracking.
- Reviews internally developed and vendor provided documentation to ensure that all requirements are included such as functional descriptions, maintenance manuals, user manuals, test and implementation plans, specification documents and/or database feasibility studies. Ensures that documentation reflects the interface with data collections, scheduling production, and productions, and product distributions procedures.
- Work directly with the functional, PM, Requirements Analyst and Development Team to develop additional user documentation, guides, tips and tricks, FAQs and other associated guides.
- Performs staff functions in a command headquarters, component staff or equivalent major policy-making organization involved in systems life cycle functions. Serves as the functional expert in assigned functional areas.
- Makes recommendation to decision makers in setting program goals and establishing priorities to support the organization mission.
- Develops organizational policy and procedures for implementation of guidance from higher level authority and provides advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.
- Develops policies and standards related to the scope and extent of service provided. Applies expert knowledge of issues to ensure that policies are relevant to actual operating environments.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.