Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Clinical Nurse Coordinator to support the Center for Prostate Disease Research (CPDR) located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, Maryland and US Citizenship is required.
This position is responsible for the clinical practices as defined and designated by senior clinical staff. Acts as a patient care coordinator for clinic patients and their families. Works under the supervision of nurse practitioner and other senior clinical staff as indicated.
1. Works under the direct supervision of the clinic physician assistant, nurse practitioner and physicians participating in the implementation and evaluation of patient care. Has and maintains familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field of urology and prostate disease care.
2. Acts as a front desk resource person in reference to all patient related care, questions and concerns. This oversight includes but is not limited to:
4. Facilitates the information flow among clinical staff. Relays pertinent information to administrative support staff to ensure patients are scheduled for needed appointments.
5. Serves as a clinical liaison to other clinical departments with the WRNMMC Health Care System, Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Directorate of Information Management (DOIM), Environmental Services and Facilities/Maintenance, and the WRNMMC Murtha Cancer Center.
6. Coordinates with Vendors and Central Distribution Department (CDD) to ensure that ample clinical supply levels are maintained in all exam rooms and all inventory is within expiration dates.
7. Serves as unit infection control office to ensure compliance IAW with published Ward Infection Control Manual attends monthly hospital-wide meeting, acts as the CPDR Safety Officer, ensuring dissemination of monthly training topics to CPDR staff.
8. Coordinates the disposal of and collection of hazardous (biological and sharps) waste IAW WRNMMC policy and procedure.
9. Ensures that all exam rooms are cleaned and stocked by the end of each day, to include uroflow machine maintenance.
10. Assists with patient education under the direction of the staff nurse educator.
11. Attend clinically relevant WRNMMC in-services.
12. Assist CPDR providers on designated multi-disciplinary and NCI clinic days, Maintain providers’ schedules, coordinates it with operating room/surgical log system. Coordinates surgical schedules with the Urology Department’s surgery case manager.
13. Schedules MRI biopsy procedures for CPDR providers, in coordination with Radiology, and coordinates patient education of MRI biopsy procedure.
14. Initiates, updates and maintains CPDR employees’ six sided Competency Assessment Folders to include current nursing licenses, BLS, HIPAA, CITI and BMAR certifications
15. Adheres to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's in Nursing. Graduate of an accredited nursing school, Professional License required (R.N.)
Minimum Experience: 2 to 4 years of experience with some exposure to research preferred.
Physical Capabilities: Requires sitting for long periods at a computer and/or desk. Walking, lifting and bending required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Registered Nurse, Completion of the DOD CITI online research course, certification in BCLS.
Work Environment: Hospital/Office.
Background: Must be a US Citizen; eligibility to obtain Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.