Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant to support the research in Dr. Kim Williamson’s laboratory in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. Responsible for research and/or project development in collaboration with others. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff. Prior in vitro cell culture and animal handling experience preferred.
1. Analysis of the growth and development of malaria parasites using in vitro cell culture techniques and rodent malaria model systems.
2. Evaluate and interpret laboratory test results.
3. Maintain clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
4. Perform data entry for research projects and maintain databases.
5. Perform standard molecular biology experiments and immunoassays.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills. Strong background in molecular biology and microbiology required.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with a strength in molecular or cell biology
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years experience
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; handling various chemicals
Work Environment: Laboratory environment
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.