Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking an IT Support Engineer to support the IT Operations Department located at Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. The Desktop Support Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of IT Helpdesk/Desktop Support to HJF employees. This includes support of Macs, Printers, Network connectivity, and Telephony and Audio/Video collaboration systems. The candidate will also participate in team and individual projects as assigned by the Technology Officer.
- Provide Tier 2 IT support to HJF employees globally.
- Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Create and maintain user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange (user, computer, security objects).
- Install and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and software.
- Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Maintain an inventory of hardware, software, and miscellaneous computer and network supplies for immediate and/or planned future use.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Perform other duties as required
Required knowledge, skills and ability:
- Microsoft Office support with emphasis on Outlook
- Working knowledge of PowerShell (scripting account creation, bulk permissions)
- Working knowledge of IP Phone Administration (ShoreTel)
- Working knowledge of Wireless network troubleshooting / administration
- Working knowledge of VPN, remote desktop troubleshooting / administration
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and proven customer service abilities, including the ability to communicate technical concepts verbally and in writing to non-technical employees.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Associate's degree with 1 to 2 years of computer support experience.
Physical Capabilities: Able to communicate verbally, ability to write and prepare documents in a variety of forms, ability to move within the work site, ability to travel to and move within supported sites.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Incumbent reports to Director of IT Support
Work Environment: Office environment; some local travel is required (site to site).
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.