Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program (IDCRP). HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to IDCRP.
This position performs a wide range of administrative and clerical duties for the IDCRP staff. Work assignments may be complex in nature and moderate judgment is required in resolving problems.
- Administrative coverage as an integral member of the program’s Research Support Group (RSG). Tasks include creating and maintaining appropriate administrative databases, assisting all IDCRP staff with any administrative and clerical needs, greeting guests, validating parking, submitting building maintenance tickets, and securing base access & parking at USU.
- Scheduling and assisting with meetings for all IDCRP staff. Tasks include reserving conference room reservations, ensuring attendee availability, initiating teleconference calls, and facilitating all necessary administrative and logistical aspects prior to and during the meeting.
- Providing administrative support for the monthly meeting of the program’s Operational Steering Committee (OSC). Tasks include ensuring an OSC member quorum is established in advance of the meeting date, maintaining clear and timely communications with OSC members, managing email communications regarding meeting details and any read-ahead meeting materials, and providing administrative support prior to and during the meeting.
- Providing administrative support for the IDCRP and USU clearance review process for abstracts, presentations, and publications.
- Maintains office supplies in the supply room; ensures offices and common areas are well stocked with paper, printer toner, and other supplies as needed; monitors and assists in the general maintenance of office equipment.
- Provides administrative support for the program’s web page and Intranet to ensure the sites are up-to-date.
- Prepares packages for shipping and sorts/distributes program’s personnel mail.
- Effectively and accurately manages email communications regarding program announcements and other communications to the research network and partners as directed by Supervisor and Program leadership.
- Cross-training in other RSG administrative duties to promote teamwork and provide functional coverage of team members as needed.
- Assists Supervisor and other RSG staff in developing new policies and procedures to identify and develop process improvements to administrative support functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Professional and effective communicator (verbal and written); Excellent attention to detail; Stellar organization skills; Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.; Ability to type at least 60 wpm, operate a computer, copier, scanner; Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel).
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Associates degree or Bachelor's preferred
Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of office experience
Physical Capabilities: Must be able to lift a case of printer paper
Work Environment: Office environment
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.