Join the HJF Team!
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF). HJF is global organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike.
Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF's support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and to accomplish their research goals effectively and efficiently.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Executive Team and help us build for the future. If you are seeking an exciting and dynamic career opportunity in service to our military, their loved ones, and your community, HJF is for you!
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will serve as a key business partner to the CEO and collaborate with cross-functional company leaders. The CFO is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the company’s financial and budgetary controls and reporting systems, for ensuring adequate financial flexibility to execute the company’s operating and strategic plans, and for informing executive decision-making across the foundation. The incumbent will oversee the functions of controllership, financial reporting, internal controls, treasury, and financial planning & analysis. HJF’s activities include more than $500M in federal grants and contracts. The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, as well as the government cost accounting standards (CAS), Uniform Guidance, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices especially as the apply to recipients of federal awards.
Drives Results- demonstrated leadership in consistently achieving results, even under challenging circumstances
Innovation- ability to create new and better ways for HJF to succeed
Manages Ambiguity-proven ability to operate effectively, even when things are not certain or the path forward is unclear.
Collaborates- skilled in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Management Team to develop, implement and establish short-term and long-term strategic and organizational goals and objectives, including financial targets. Actively supports and contributes to the successful achievement of all goals and objectives. Proactively monitors financial operations and industry trends to identify issues or opportunities that could impact strategic and organizational goals and recommends solutions as appropriate.
- In partnership with the senior executive management team and corporate officers, identify company strengths and weaknesses, assess and develop company business plans and objectives, and develop and implement strategic plans in order to achieve business opportunities, growth, and financial profitability. Direct responsibility for strategic financial planning and analysis, budgeting process, compliance and internal controls, accounting practices, financial risk assessments. Serve as primary interface and point of contact with banks and lenders to negotiate and ensure the financial basis and health of the Company.
- Additional responsibilities will include:Act as a strategic thought partner to the President, as well as the other members of the senior leadership team and be a key innovator to drive the growth of the organization
- Ensure strategic alignment between the direction of the company and the financial operating model by developing standards and processes that will leverage core capabilities and balance risk to increase the success of winning commercial opportunities.
- Assess the organization and recommend potential changes to drive a more efficient and cost effective finance function.
- Maintains a global accounting system.Ensures credibility of Finance Unit by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Ensures compliance with Government cost principles cost accounting standards.
- Develops and utilizes forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Lead and manage accounting and financial planning activities, budgeting and financial analysis
- Direct and oversee preparation of annual budgets for the operating and capital budgets and cash flow projections.
- Manage all corporate financial functions including general accounting, internal reporting and controls, planning, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Monitor and analyze the organization’s financial condition and performance. Work closely with the President, as well as other key executive staff members to insure continuous financial improvement.
- Insure compliance with governmental regulations for all financial and treasury activities.
- Review and implement financial information systems.
- Analyze new business opportunities and major projects by assessing financial risk/return.
- Coordinate annual audit of company financial statements by an outside audit firm, as well as continuous audits and reviews by the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 15+ years of increasingly technical work experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Must have substantial leadership experience in formulating, planning, leading, directing and controlling complex, broad, and highly technical functions.
- In-depth knowledge of financial trends, methodologies, and resource management principles.
- Wide range of technical understanding across financial disciplines.
- Experience with federa cost principles, cost accounting standards, uniform guidance.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and execute deadline driven projects with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize multiple and competing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a financial business strategy.
We value our talent, so our top priority is our people. We are committed to ensuring the best experience for you in your career and life at HJF by focusing on your health, family, professional growth, financial wellbeing and time away. Our compensation, benefits and special offerings are based on the philosophy that taking care of our talent is good for all of us.
HJF appreciates your talent and contributions, enabling you to earn your value through a robust compensation plan and exciting environment. We live our values and when you join HJF, you can see the direct impact of your contributions on our success.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.