This job posting is no longer active
Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Project Assistant to support the National Center for Disaster Medicine and Public Health (NCDMPH), located in Rockville, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to NCDMPH.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting administrative, analytical and educational projects in collaboration with others. The incumbent provides programmatic and administrative support to senior technical and professional staff.
2. Supports research and education projects through database management, supporting literature reviews, supporting data collection.
3. Answers phones, receives packages and coordinates office functions.
4. Coordinates complex, fluid schedules and arranges travel for multiple staff.
5. Makes necessary arrangements for conferences and meetings. Collects and prepares material for meetings.
6. Reviews and replies to incoming correspondence. Drafts reply letters/emails to inquiries.
7. Coordinates supplies and materials necessary to complete projects.
8. Handles detailed matters which are highly confidential and critical, including tracking invoices and subcontracts.
9. Prepares materials for senior staff to communicate results (supports the creation of PowerPoint presentations to convey investigation(s) to professional audiences).
10. Supports teaching responsibilities of senior staff (uploading lectures, updating syllabi in learning management system, etc.).
11. Act as liaison with HJF headquarters, USU, building management, IT department, travel office, purchasing department. Fills out necessary forms and paperwork.
12. Supports obtaining and maintaining continuing education credits for various projects (conferences, webinar, online content, etc.). Conducts ongoing administrative follow up for continuing education as necessary.
13. Supports various technology and software needs as necessary (Microsoft Suite, Google suite, Adobe Webinar, podcasts, Oracle, parking validation, Navy Continuing Education System, etc.).
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of project planning and event/conference planning; ability to anticipate needs; demonstrated ability to work independently while keeping supervisors fully informed; works well in a team as well as demonstrates individual initiative; flexibility with changing priorities and expectations; high level of attention to detail; outstanding oral and written communication skills.
Desired Kinds of Professional Experience: Experience supporting health science or health systems projects. Proven ability to interact well face-to-face and with small groups. Experience supporting multiple high-level professionals. Planning meetings/conferences and note-taking experience preferred. Experience with obtaining continuing education credits preferred. High level of competence with technology (Google suite, Microsoft office, learning management systems, etc.).
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Experience: 1-4 years of administrative experience; in a health system, local or state health department or academic setting preferred.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting and standing.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Other: Eligibility to obtain secret clearance. US Citizenship required.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.