Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to support the Human Resources department at the Foundation's Corporate Headquarters located in Bethesda, Maryland. Establish relationships with assigned programs, program management and employees with a customer service focus. Maintain HR operations to ensure sound employment, orientation, and employee relations practices. Administer benefit, compensation, performance management and retention programs. Deliver quality customer service and monitor employee customer satisfaction levels. Incorporate the functions of compensation, benefits and HRIS into HR operations to better serve customer needs and meet customer expectations.
- Determine and meet the needs and expectations of assigned programs and program management. Integrate other Foundation departments into the customer service business model.
- Administer all HR policies, programs and practices relating to employment, employee relations, salary administration, benefit administration, orientation and employee services. Participate in development, implementation and revision, as needed. Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Interface with employees on needs relating to the employee's specific job function, compensation, performance, benefits and the Foundation's best business practices. Advise employees on foundation policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop the HR Generalist function to effectively support the continued growth of the Foundation, including process improvements and changes to increase customer satisfaction and maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of HR operation processes.
- HRIS -- maintain consistency, accuracy and integrity of employee actions, changes and information processed in PeopleSoft.
- Compensation Program -- maintain integrity of the Foundation's compensation program by overseeing employee compensation levels, cash awards, salary increases and performance appraisals. Partner with assigned programs to review goals and objectives as it relates to the compensation program.
- Benefit Program -- maintain integrity of the benefit program by overseeing employee benefit eligibility, enrollment, compliance and communication.
- Leave Benefits -- assist employees in the implementation of a leave status (i.e., disability, workers' compensation, leave of absence, military leave, family & medical leave). Partner with the Benefits Administrator during the employee's transition through the applicable leave programs, monitor leave status, and ensure the employee's supervisor is updated regularly.
- Assist in administration of other HR processes and improvements.
- Assist as needed in workforce acquisitions and retention, employee development and satisfaction.
- Assist as needed in administration of visa programs for employees.
- Special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in customer focus, teamwork, inter- and intra-departmental working relationships, communications and innovation. Proactive, strategic partnering mentality.
- Operate independently and as a team member, regularly use judgment and discretion in accomplishing goals and objectives. Ability to manage and develop relationship with programs, employees, military and government customers as well as other Foundation departments through effective communication.
- Experience working in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness and human relations skills. Strong analytical, organization, problem solving and presentation skills. Excellent written and verbal skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations influencing HR functions.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resources or a related subject.
Minimum Experience: 4 to 6 years of experience in a human resources department with benefits exposure. HRIS experience preferred (i.e. PeopleSoft).
Physical Capabilities: Ability to sit extended periods of time at a desk and computer.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Reports to the Human Resources Manager. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: Office environment, with occasional domestic travel to off-site customer locations.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.