Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Research Coordinator who will liaise between the IRB committee and the Department of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University (USU), located in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to USU. The Research Coordinator will submit protocol documents to the IRB Committee and/or various research committees, review for complete paperwork, and file documents for future references.
- Coordinates all aspects of IRB protocol writing, editing, submission and approval processes originating from USUHS and WRNMMC investigators and extramural collaborators. Develops a thorough understanding of the IRB regulatory requirements of WRNMMC, USU, HJF and collaborating military or civilian sites. Implements and adheres to the standard operating procedures set forth by each institution and adapts as IRB regulations and/or SOPs change over time.
- Develops streamlined communication procedures to work with the Principal Investigator at the USUHS and collaborating sites. Must have strong inter-personal working and communications skills in a large team setting, effectively negotiates complex issues, and must be able to meet deadlines.
- Maintains electronic records of all of the research IRB protocols for the program. This includes maintaining all correspondence, serving as recorder for committees, and preparing and distributing reports for the protocols.
- Performs necessary functions required for preparing publication clearance forms, data forms, and rosters. Prioritizes all administrative needs and assures that protocols are processed and approved in a timely fashion.
- Performs research on background material pertaining to the research programs, prepares necessary documents and informs appropriate people as needed.
- Reviews and replies to incoming correspondence and action documents to assure they are in accordance with established policy. Brings any conflicts to the attention of the investigators and immediate supervisor.
- Provides administrative support to include: participation in teleconferences and maintaining a calendar of appointments and schedules appointments for all IRB related work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Detailed knowledge of IRB protocol policies and procedures; ability to work in multi-disciplinary team setting with superb inter-personal working skills; excellent communication and computer skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; knowledge of general office procedures; ability to work in an environment that has recurring deadlines with short lead time.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Masters Degree or PhD in life sciences or related field.
Minimum Experience: 1-3 years experience working with scientific regulatory documents, IRB protocol policies and procedures.
Physical Capabilities: Prolonged sitting and working at a computer
Work Environment: Office and laboratory environment.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.