This job posting is no longer active
Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant to support the Immunology program in the Department of Medicine at Uniformed Services University (USUHS). HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USUHS.
Incombent will be responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Will Provide laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff. Strong knowledge of immunology and molecular biology, with experience in tissue culture and animal work, as well as with human tissues required.
1. Performs laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of data. Makes detailed observations about experiments. Provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
2. Assists with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
3. Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
4. Performs data entry for research projects and maintains databases.
5. Maintains compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures. Provides leadership in the proper disposal of infectious and hazardous materials.
6. Provides quality control, trouble shooting and the maintenance of specialized reagents and equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow general instructions; good communication and analytical skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years of laboratory experience in Immunology and molecular biology.
Physical Capabilities: long periods of standing and sitting; handling various chemicals
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: n/a
Work Environment: laboratory environment
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.