Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Staff Scientist to support the Microbiome test analyses at the Molecular Bioeffects Branch at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Beavercreek, Ohio. Incumbent is responsible for developing and testing approaches using a wide variety of scientific techniques to support examination of microbiome alterations.
1. Formulates design and tests new experimental protocols using in vitro and in vivo test models.
2. Aid with development of bioinformatics pipeline for data acquisition.
3. Processes and interprets experimental data.
4. Coordinates with other technical and professional staff.
5. Prepares funding documents, written reports, manuscripts for submission to scientific journals, and patent applications.
6. Maintains a safe work environment with appropriate training of other personnel.
7. Provides collaborative assistance to other Research Scientists that require the incumbent's expertise.
8. Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Qualified candidates will possess a PhD in immunology, cell biology or cellular immunology with proven experience with human and rodent immune cells, both in vitro and in vivo. Must provide strong technical leadership for project direction and troubleshooting, as well as the ability to work well with other scientists within a multidisciplinary team. The candidate will have a demonstrable track record of participating in research projects with contributions as an author to high-impact, peer-reviewed publications. Candidate must possess strong oral and written communication skills, have an abilities to thrive in a dynamic matrix research environment, to maintain project focus, and to complete projects on schedule. Open to US Citizens only.
Specific skills required:
Additional skills desired but not required:
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: PhD in related scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 2 to 4 years proven related research experience
Physical Capabilities: Work involves long periods of standing and handling of numerous chemicals/biologics
Work Environment: Laboratory environment; may require working evenings and weekends; may involve working with biohazardous or hazardous materials. Research will involve in vivo test models.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.