Come Work at HJF!
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF) is looking for a Program Manager, CCMD Engagement to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) located at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
- Develop and help to execute meetings, conference and seminars that fulfill the scientific and/or operational objectives (and with the explicit approval) of the GEIS Director.
- Provide assessment of project status to GEIS Director and maintain detailed documentation for each project.
- Oversee project quality management by routinely briefing management on the success/failure of each project.
- Collaborate with members of external organizations such as WHO, NATO, and academic institutions for coordination of meeting content and logistics.
- Prepare documents as required using written communication skills (accurate grammar, punctuation, and spelling) and proficiency in Microsoft Word (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Work independently and deliver products and assignments on time.
- Maintain professionalism when interacting with individuals internal and external to AFHSC.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of meeting registration, reservations, personnel movements, meals (and other critical life support as warranted except for personal medical needs), meeting audio/visual requirements, meeting space, sub-contracts for meeting services and settling of invoices.
- Work to incorporate DoD regulations, FAR, and OMB Circulars that affect performance of the contract as well as specific contract, grant, and cooperative agreement guidelines.
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned and in accordance with specific task section of this PWS.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Baccalaureate degree in a related background
Minimum Experience: Candidates must have minimum 2 years’ of relevant experience and working knowledge within the Combatant Command (CCMD).
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.