Come Work at HJF!
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF) is looking for an Administrative Assistant, to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) located at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
- Prepare documents as requested by Division or AFHSC leadership using written and verbal communications (correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling); proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); and office equipment (fax, phone, computer, type writer, and copy machine).
- Edit documents as requested.
- Competently manage multiple tasks and use organizational skills in prioritizing them.
- Manage supplies and inventory.
- Independently and competently handle unexpected issues that may require immediate action from the Division.
- Utilize strong verbal communication skills and maintain professionalism when interacting with individuals within and external to AFHSC.
- Maintain a tracking system for data use agreements and ensuring timely action as required.
- Assist the Travel Manager to make E&A staff travel arrangements which include scheduling transportation and hotel reservations, arranging schedule of visits, notifying organizations and officials to be visited, arrange in for local transportation, preparing travel orders and payment vouchers.
- Track recurring reports, ensuring that these reports are delivered in a timely matter to the correct recipients.
- Provide accurate ad hoc reports and report summary statistics over time.
- Assist with production of all types of presentations and ad hoc reports.
- Assist in coverage of the Receptionist Desk as needed.
- Assist the staff in the submission of presentations and abstracts.
- Photocopy, file, fax, and perform other clerical functions in support of the E&A staff.
- Serve as the POC for E&A staff meetings to include agenda preparation and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Serve as back up staff member for handling FEDEX shipments
- Serve as back up to organize and maintain supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies in both the government and private Contractor supply systems.
- Compose and types letters and memorandum utilizing a computer.
- Construct and maintains specific calendars and databases as indicated by the staff.
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned and in accordance with specific task section of this PWS
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: High School degree with relevant experience, Baccalaureate degree preferred
Minimum Experience: Candidates with a High School degree only must have minimum 5 years’ of relevant experience, Baccalaureate degree requires 1 year of relevant experience
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.