Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Systems Operator to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for loads source data (source, extracts)
- Identifies problems with data feeds and possible solutions
- Monitors and maintains file archives and raises issues as needed
- Demonstrates complete understanding in the areas of application programming, Oracle Database and Linux System Administration.
- Responsible for program testing, debugging and documentation
- Supports ad hoc investigations
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately in accordance with Functional Requirements, DUA, ICD, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in application programming such as Informatica, PL/SQL, vi, ksh
- Complete understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desire a Masters in Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred.
- Desires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Informatica development.
- Desires a minimum of 3 years of production operations experience.
- Desires a minimum of 10 years intensive and progressive experience demonstrating the required proficiency levels related to tasks preferred.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.