Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist the Pillar Chiefs, the deputy and the Director to evaluate proposals, monitor projects and communicate with the laboratory points of contact.
- Assist with the management, synthesis, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of surveillance data.
- Publish analysis and findings at once per year in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Participate in site-visit as required.
- Conduct literature research on topics relevant to
- GEIS and provides summary reports (as needed).
- Serve as the primary person responsible for maintaining the GEIS publications database with the assistance of the Project Coordinator.
- Conduct small research and/or surveillance-driven projects relevant to the AFHSC mission on an as- needed basis.
- Contribute to the report-writing, presentations and publications.
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned and in accordance with specific task section of this PWS.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong understanding of scientific methods, sources of peer-reviewed publications and the ability to write a scientific paper.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Desire ability to write and read SAS programs.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and with team under the guidance of a project officer.
- Willingness to accept challenging responsibilities such as project lead.
- Willingness to travel internationally and in areas with limited amenities.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desires a Master's degree in public health or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in a health-related field.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.