Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Program Scientist to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist in establishing an effective AFHSC biosurveillance program and operational mission; keeping abreast of all-hazards worldwide, with a specific focus on diseases that have U.S. military relevance.
- Work under the direct supervision of the Director of the Division of Integrated Biosurveillance (DIB) at AFHSC
- Be able to explain the unique capabilities and potential of the AFHSC, and leverage and synergize appropriate relationships.
- Work and evaluated in accordance with Foundation Policy, to include but not limited to, results achieved towards established goals set by DIB, timeliness, application of sound business practices, and efficient use of resources.
- Assist in meeting information requirements of Combatant Commands (COCOMs) and other military and civilian programs and projects.
- May provide medical consultation or be directly involved in selected AFHSC projects.
- Time permitting, serve as a Principal Investigator and Subject Matter Expert; coordinate the gathering and assembly of data related to specific projects and perform detailed scientific analysis; prepare briefings for the dissemination of these results.
- Provide professional consultation and review as needed to support Chief, Division of Integrated Biosurveillance.
- Prepare and present fonnal and informal presentations to military, other government and civilian organizations, publish related work in government and peer-reviewed, civilian publications, and provide mentoring and informal and formal teaching.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Division
Director and AFHSC leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintain secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Caveat will be required to effectively carry out the duties of the position
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desires a Medical degree (MD), DVM, or PhD in public health discipline
- Desires a minimum of 10 years of public health experience working with domestic and international public health programs
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.