Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Laboratory Systems Officer to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Work with laboratory personnel to update the information in the Directory on a monthly basis.
- Assist with strategic planning on current and future developments within the Directory to include how DoD laboratories integrate with other relevant laboratory systems such as those sponsored by CDC, USDA, EPA and the State Public Health Systems but not limited to these agencies.
- Use analytic skills and knowledge in clinical laboratory, biology, microbiology, infectious disease, and DoD Military Health Systems to successfully complete daily tasks for this position.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills in promoting common interests of the AFHSC and laboratory practices within DoD and with other federal agencies.
- Leverage and synergize appropriate relationships to establish positive collaborations and partnerships.
- Use proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic computer programming to prepare documents needed to complete daily tasks.
- Contact users of the Directory to determine what other information might be included to fulfill operational needs within DoD.
- Assist DoD personnel in attaining information from the Directory when needed.
- Assist in supporting the DoD Combatant Commands needs of the AFHSC in relation to projects within their respective area of responsibilities.
- Ensure full compliance with all requirements, schedules and provisions pertaining to laboratory practices.
- Assist in the standardization of laboratory capabilities within DoD using up-to-date scientific information on clinical laboratory science, infectious disease, public health, and biology.
- Prepare SOPs for Directory update and maintenance.
- Provide user names and passwords to relevant personnel.
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesizes reports of infectious disease and toxic agents of importance to provide the users of the Directory basic information about the substance and what properties DoD personnel should be concerned about; products will be reviewed by the supervisor.
- Obtain and prepares documents for secondary analysis of existing data.
- Document, edit, proofread, and show attention to detail by cross-checking information in reports and papers originating from the AFHSC.
- Provide weekly summaries of activities.
- Provide administrative support.
- Maintain a Business Associate Agreement with the DoD TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) in order to fulfill requirements for protection of health information and privacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.