Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Science Advisor to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist in the identification of scientific long range goals and short term objectives for the AFHSC and its component organizations and partners.
- Define these long- and short-term goals and objectives in operational terms.
- Prioritize goals and objectives in support of the scientific mission.
- Identify and define process and outcome variables to assess success and failure.
- Conduct evaluations of organizations, programs and projects.
- Assist in identifying areas where new programs, projects and initiatives are needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understand data warehousing, business intelligence and information management concepts
- Use in-depth consultative skills and business knowledge based on accumulated experience and education aligned to practice business objectives and processes.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desires a Medical degree (MD), DVM, DrPH, or scientific degree in related field with license to practice medicine in the U.S. or its territories.
- Board certification or board-eligibility in medical field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with competence in interactions with high-level military, national, and international public health experts.
- Necessitate knowledge, training and experience in infectious diseases, public health, the Military Health System, DoD Overseas Research Laboratories along with management experience in dealing with DoD
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.