Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a JAVA Application Developer to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Participate in planning sessions with the team to analyze business requirements and contribute to the proposed IT solution
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the high level design recommendations
- Document the detailed application specifications
- Develop high quality code that adheres to architectural approaches and coding policies/ standards
- Participate in code reviews and testing
- Develop, maintain and enhance PowerBuilder 12.5 Applications, including bug fixing, improving application performance and adding new functionalities increasing scope of the application
- Develop, maintain and enhance web applications, using Java enterprise development, Java Server Pages (JSP)/Applet, JDBC, Java Script, EJB, Oracle 11 g database, including bug fixing improving application performance and adding new functionalities increasing scope of the applications
- Develop, maintain and enhance PL/SQL scripts, stored procedures/packages, functions and triggers for oracle 11 g
- Develop, maintain and enhance UNIX shell scripts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience using the Systems Development Life Cycle; PL/SQL scripts, stored procedures/ packages, functions, and triggers for Oracle 11g; and knowledge of UNIX and development of Shell scripts
- Ability to coordinate, manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities; excellent teamwork and organizational skills; strong analysis and problem solving abilities; excellent written and oral communication; strong interpersonal skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desire a Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems; masters or equivalent preferred
- Desires a minimum of 5 years related experience in software development with object oriented programming; Java Enterprise development, Java Server Pages (JSP)/Applet, JDBC, and Java Script; and in applications development with PowerBuilder 8 or higher as well as 2 years with PowerBuilder 12
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.