Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Windows System and Network Administrator to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide administration, installation, and support of desktop computing systems.
- Provide administration and support of LAN infrastructure to include but not limited to customer and network administration services such as; passwords, electronic mail accounts, security, and troubleshooting.
- Install, configure, and monitor local and wide-area networks, hardware and software
- Provide Software Patch Management to include packaging of software patches and upgrades
- Provide technical consultation, advice, and support towards the organization's strategic information technology objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a wide variety of diverse technologies such as PDA, cameras, printers, etc.;
- Outstanding hardware/software diagnostic and troubleshooting skills; Proficiency in MS-Windows (Vista, XP, 2000, and previous versions) concepts and system administration techniques equivalent to that attained through MCSE or MCSA certification;
- Outstanding communication skills and a professional and service-oriented, customer focused demeanor;
- An understanding of the strategic nature of information technology as it relates to the success of an organization; Skilled at balancing technology with solutions.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desire a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer
- Engineering, MIS, or a similar field with similar exposure to IT concepts and practices.
- Desires a minimum of 4 years of experience administering Windows XP/2000 systems in a medium-sized (100 systems, 10 servers, 100 users) environment; Experience with Veritas Net backup, and Microsoft Backup technologies; Experience with LAN/WAN operation and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance
- (CISSP certification is a plus).
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.