Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Implement new IT infrastructure systems, subsystems or components according to the customer requirements. The responsibilities include: researching technologies and products offerings, designing system architectures, defining technical specifications, providing technical guidance in products procurement and vender installations, assuming the technical lead role in the site integration.
- Manage SAN storage. The responsibilities include: designing SAN topology for maximized redundancy and optimized performance, installing fabrics and disk arrays, configuring zones, allocating and de-allocating LUNs, detecting and replacing failed components.
- Install and maintain servers. The responsibilities include: developing consistent server installation and update processes, automating OS installation, optimizing components partition between local and SAN storage, enabling server exchangeability, installing server hardware and software, maintaining updates compatibilities, insuring system compliance.
- Manage databases. The responsibilities include: designing database logical and physical structures, installing database software and updates, creating databases, maintaining database instances, allocating and de-allocating table spaces, managing schemas and schema objects.
- Install and maintain Informatica PowerCenter ETL platform. The responsibilities include: installing PowerCenter software and updates, maintaining PowerCenter services, managing users and permissions.
- Install and maintain SAS and SAS BI analytical platform. The responsibilities include: installing SAS software and updates, configuring SAS software components, maintaining SAS processes, managing users and permissions.
- Install and maintain Web server and FTP server. The responsibilities include: designing the servers to minimize risk of sensitive data exposure, installing server software and updates, securing the servers to prevent un-authorized access, implementing methods for access monitoring and intrusion detection.
- Maintain system interoperability. The responsibilities include: configuring fabric, network, operating systems, databases, PowerCenter and SAS to achieve system interoperability, monitoring user activities across boundaries, managing access routes and permissions.
- Develop and maintain server, storage hardware failure recovery solutions. The responsibilities include: developing a server hardware failure recovery solution that minimizes downtime, implementing storage system redundancy to achieve non-interruptive failure recovery, performing hardware failure recovery.
- Design, implement and maintain systems and databases backup solutions. The responsibilities include: designing backup solutions that meet recoverability and manageability requirements,
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Linux shell programming.
- Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of PowerCenter mapping and workflow development.
- Knowledge of JAVA and Web development.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desire a Bachelor's degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Desires a minimum of 20 years of experience in IT fields assuming senior technical roles in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining IT infrastructures and data systems.
- Desires a minimum of 15 years of experience as a lead Linux/UNIX Sysadmin and Oracle DBA with current experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and Oracle 11g.
- Desires a minimum of 10 years of experience in supporting health surveillance projects and familiar with HIPAA regulations.
- Current experience in implementing and maintaining DELL and HP blade systems
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.