Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Travel Manager
to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee travel arrangements for the AFHSC personnel which may include scheduling, transportation, and hotel reservations, arranging schedule of visits, notifying organizations and officials to be visited, arranging for local transportation, preparing travel orders and vouchers.
- Coordinate all aspects of administrative support for special meetings and conferences.
- Maintain professionalism especially when communicating with AFHSC staff and military or civilians from other agencies.
- Provide support for all types of presentations and ad hoc reports.
- Demonstrate skills in office administration.
- Prepare document as requested using written communication skills (with correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Competently use office equipment such as fax, phone, computer, copy machine, and typewriter.
- Provide suggestions and implement improvements in identified office procedures.
- Assist the divisions with all aspects of reparation of quarterly reports. Annual reports. Final reports. and special projects.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls for the department. As appropriate, answer request for information and forward the appropriate material to the requestor. Inform team members promptly and accurately of any messages. Assist the professional staff with the preparation of their manuscripts and abstracts.
- Sort and distribute incoming correspondence and mail.
- Maintain filing system.
- Perform copying, faxing, filing and other clerical functions in support of AFHSC staff.
- Type documents, envelopes, labels, and special reports on a typewriter not accommodated by a word processor.
- Organize and maintain office supplies.
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned and in accordance with specific task section of this PWS.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.