Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Senior Program Manager to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Meet the AFHSC objectives by forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions involving the AFHSC Program.
- Develop estimates in support of personnel, supplies, training, and transportation and approved missions.
- Manage health-related programs with supervisory responsibilities over administrative and technical staff as requested by the AFHSC.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communications in management of programs and teams.
- Prepare documents (with correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling) as requested by AFHSC using Microsoft Word (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Maintain professionalism and utilize leadership skills in management of project teams.
- Develop, manage, and track Headquarters budget and expenses.
- Provide coordination and guidance to AFHSC partners for the distribution of approved funding.
- Manage projects by developing project plans, timelines, and schedules.
- Research, compile and summarizes data concerning salaries and other expenses (e.g., travel and similar object class and line item information needed for budget estimates) as requested by the AFHSC.
- Serve as a liaison between AFHSC and investigators in the external partner network.
- Serve as the main administrative contact for the review, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting for the AFHSC mission.
- Serve as the system administrator for the Director, AFHSC.
- Perform comprehensive management of AFHSC activities.
- Serve as the primary subject matter expert for the administrative staff and serve as the contract site coordinator for all contract actions.
- Assist the Division Directors with the preparation of various reports, to include preparation of the AFHSC annual report.
- Interact with contract corporate office on contract and budget issues. Supervise contract staff, creates performance standards and performance appraisals; prepares required documentation as required by contract human resources.
- Perform routine management studies for the AFHSC and performs analysis of alternatives to aid the leadership in making sound decisions on funding, personnel, space or other administrative problem areas.
- Consult with subject matter experts.
- Work closely with the Division Directors as well as the assigned investigators, to relieve them of the day-to-day administrative responsibilities, which would then allow them to focus on the operational mission.
- Maintain suspense files for trip reports, manuscripts, and protocols for the division. Maintain records and monitors the review of contracts related to AFHSC operations.
- Review all incoming materials and recommends appropriate action on all matters concerning the administrative functions of the Headquarters.
- Make independent decisions on administrative and managerial matters based upon known objectives and/or established policies and procedures.
- Compose, amplify, recommend, and distribute administrative guidance to the staff as appropriate.
- Function as administrative manager for the AFHSC Headquarters.
- Assist with the development of statements of work and liaises with contracting office.
- Ensure and validate the accuracy of submitted invoices relating to respective contracts.
- Manage, prepare, distribute, file and retire correspondence as requested.
- Oversee travel requirements related to protocol execution and staff training.
- Execute all logistical requirements related to travel, billeting and agenda.
- Coordinate meetings, training classes and symposia in support of the AFHSC's emerging infectious disease mission. Coordinate with contract travel staff as required.
- Coordinate all logistical activities, as appropriate, with the contract purchasing and procurement office.
- Coordinate inventories, transfers of property, reconciliation of property, repair, and servicing of essential equipment.
- Coordinate purchase orders to include processing and assuring the availability of funds.
- Coordinate the transportation activities to include arrangements for shipment of supplies and biological materials within CONUS and to other overseas laboratories and institutions, if applicable.
- Provide technical assistance to supply technician or clerical personnel assigned to this function.
- Provide advice and guidance to the AFHSC staff on matters pertaining to the Safety and Security of personnel and materials.
- Utilize all available resources to ensure the mission is being carried out in a safe and hazard free environment.
- Make periodic visual inspections of all division areas.
- Alert the chain of command and warns staff of any unsound situations observed.
- Coordinate, gather material, and prepare reports to meet contractual requirements of the AFHSC.
- Ensure that all contract reporting requirements to the AFHSC are met in a timely fashion.
- Secure appropriate review and approval of all outgoing reports prior to submission.
- Provide programmatic information and operational updates to designated Foundation representatives as requested.
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned and in accordance with specific task section of this PWS.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.