Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Senior Physician Epidemiologist to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for analyzing a variety of medical surveillance data and field / lab epidemiologic data using statistical methods and computer hardware / software.
- Responds to ad hoc, quick-turnaround request and inquiries from AFHSC program staff using existing and routinely collected data.
- Conducts longitudinal data analyses.
- Submits research papers for peer-reviewed journals.
- Assess the feasibility of proposed studies and evaluate data sources for other researchers, and designs long-term studies to identify risk factors for select outcomes leading to policy changes or behavior modifications.
- May be tasked to evaluate success of health-related policies and identify the need for other policies.
- Investigates current and archival epidemiological data in the conducting of field epidemiological surveillance and/or outbreak investigations.
- Provides input to AFHSC’s monthly publication in the form of surveillance summaries.
- Mentors junior analytic staff.
- Directs and leads multiple tasks simultaneously, independently, or with project teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Division or AFHSC Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Competent in database management and analysis software such as STATA, SAS, SPSS, and/or Epi Info).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- General knowledge of DoD medical research, development, and acquisition processes.
- General knowledge of drug, vaccine, and medical device research.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player and collaborates well with professionals.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desire a Medical Degree (MD or PhD / DrPH) with Master's in epidemiology or public health.
- Desires a minimum of 8 years work experience in related field.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.