Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Security Manager to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Report to the AFHSC Physical Security Officer (PSO) who is responsible to the Chief of Staff for support to the Director in the planning, developing, coordinating and implementing a physical security/crime prevention program.
- Demonstrate understanding of AFHSC's objectives.
- Write and support the AFHSC physical security program and plan using knowledge on Federal government security and antiterrorism process.
- Work independently and use sound judgment in solving recognized issues.
- Utilize excellent verbal and written communication skills (with correct grammar, punctuations, and spelling) when communicating with individuals within and external to the AFHSC.
- Prepare security-related documents as required by the AFHSC using Microsoft Word (Work, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Successfully coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time.
- Ensure the physical security program/plan is in place and operating effectively for the security of facilities, property controlled area access, etc.
- Conduct physical security inspections throughout the AFHSC.
- May be credentialed as a Physical Security Inspector.
- Analyze and recommend upgrading or additional security systems to safeguard facilities, property, and documents.
- Provide support to the AFHSC on the use of the personnel entry control system and associated documentation and inventory control.
- Maintain key and lock control system.
- Consult with other security professionals to develop protection systems to provide maximum security without major interference with the organization's medical surveillance mission.
- Make appropriate corrective recommendations when/where security requirements are not met.
- Make recommendations to the PSO to strengthen or enhance the physical security program, as required.
- Provide oversight support on all aspects of the force protection (FP) program for AFHSC.
- Serve on the Force Protection Vulnerability Assessment Team and recommends command crisis management planning and execution assessments in the event of a terrorist attack or other emergency situations.
- Serve as a technical expert within the organization for reviewing and assessing long-range plans and policies for enhancing the efficiency of Force Protection (FP) program and capabilities.
- Develop scenarios, exercise directives, and coordinate AFHSC's participation in DoD, DA, FEMA and higher headquarters sponsored or directed exercises
- Plan and execute annual installation exercise to test and evaluate selected portions of the overall command/installation FP program.
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned and in accordance with tasks in PWS.
Minimum of a Secret Clearance Required.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.