Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Project Coordinator to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist the AFHSC Headquarters Program Manager with the Conference and Meeting Management training requirements for diversified worldwide conferences in support of the AFHSC program.
- Assist the AFHSC Travel manager with travel arrangements for the AFHSC staff including scheduling transportation and hotel reservations, arranging schedule of visits, notifying organizations and officials to be visited, arranging for local transportation, preparing travel orders and payment vouchers.
- Competently utilize office equipment (e.g. phone, fax, copy machine, computer, and typewriter) to execute daily office duties.
- Proactively provide suggestions and implement improvements in identified office procedures.
- Distribute general information to the AFHSC using grammatically correct written (electronic mail) or verbal communications.
- Draft and edit memorandum and other documents as needed by AFHSC Director and other AFHSC personnel.
- Receive supervision and direction from Program Manager, AFHSC Headquarters who will define the major priorities of the office and explain special assignments.
- Plan and execute daily work of the office as independently as possible after receipt of initial guidance.
- Serve as the alternate point of contact for all travel related issues until full financial settlement is accomplished to the satisfaction of the traveler.
- Provide support for all types of presentations and ad hoc reports using expertise in Microsoft Word (Word. Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Receive visitors, telephone calls, and emails for the organization.
- Maintain professionalism when answering requests for information from within and external to the AFHSC.
- Inform appropriate AFHSC personnel promptly and accurately of any received messages.
- May be asked to walk, stand, bend, or carry light items such as books or box of paper. Assist the professional staff in the submission of presentations and abstracts.
- Sort and distribute correspondence and mail.
- Maintain reference filing system categorized by subject matter.
- Photocopy, file, fax, and perform other clerical functions in support of the AFHSC staff.
- Serve as principal staff member for handling FEDEX shipments.
- Organize, maintain, and order office supplies in both the government and private Contractor supply systems.
- Monitor paper stock for the fax machine, staff printers, and copies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.