Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a GIS System Manager to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Analyze and evaluate DoD and non-DoD information systems for their applicability to support global emerging infectious surveillance
- Apply knowledge and experience in GIS to design, build, and maintain existing and future conventional data management applications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in GIS.
- Maintain GIS professional certificate or ESRI Technical certification (a plus).
- Responsible for working with and developing new GIS capabilities to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present all types of geographical data
- Coordinate and supervise the design, testing, management and evaluation of new information systems in support of biosurveillance initiatives to include global emerging infections surveillance.
- Coordinate and supervise information system development projects involving multiple federal agencies and other organizations to achieve AFHSC mission objectives.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of very large repositories of health and related data, including data collection, processing, storage, manipulation, and analysis using SAS software on diverse operating system platforms to include Unix and Windows.
- All work will be performed in support of on-going and future automated surveillance initiatives for the detection and description of biosurveillance/emerging infectious disease outbreaks.
- Document and maintain data dictionaries, enterprise warehouse modifications and quality assurance systems.
- Make recommendations to staff from results of analyses on how to improve the management and use of current and future repositories.
- Collaborate on data management for advanced statistical analyses.
- Work with senior management to ensure project goals are established and met within an appropriate timeline.
- Ensure software / hardware is up-to-date using cost-effective strategies.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Demonstrate experience with SAS programming and use of a very large database.
- Demonstrate expertise in development of Web-based information solutions using current technologies.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.