Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking an IT Operational Manager to support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSB) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to AFHSB.
- Facilitates information flow among staff.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and directing overall project activities
- Escalates issues to Program Manager and organization management
- Coordinate meetings, prepare agendas and capture meeting minutes
- Reviews existing procedures for compliance and formulates new procedures if required
- Monitor, evaluate and resolve problems related to activities assigned
- Coordinates the initiation and processing of purchase orders, supply sources, work orders and maintenance and renovation requests
- Provide advice on manpower utilization, work flow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements for the program
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in project management methods and tools
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in solving problems.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle
- Knowledge in technologies, including Java, Oracle, Informatica, Unix, Linus, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft products
- Knowledgeable in health care and/or military information systems preferred
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Desire a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Desire a Master's degree in Business
- Administration or equivalent experience preferred
- Desires a minimum of 2 years related experience in IT project or program management
- Desires a minimum of 5 years of work experience in software development
- Desires a minimum of 3 years of work experience in data warehouse and data mart preferred
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.