Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support the Department of Anatomy, Physiology & Genetics at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) located in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USUHS.
Our research focuses on developing therapeutic targets for neurological disorders. Position available immediately for candidate with experience in protein degradation and its role in central nervous system development and maintenance. Applicants must have expertise in molecular biology and a strong publication record. Applicants must be able to write research articles, have a record of independent thinking and skills in advanced technology including CRISP-CAS, transgene vector construction, recombinant protein production, and electronic microscopy. Additional requirements for applicants are experience in autophagy, ubiquitin proteasome system and cellular organelle stress.
1. Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development.
2. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products.
3. Performs specialized laboratory research utilizing experimental protocols which will involve specialized procedures such as have ability in independent thinking and skills in advanced technology including CRISP-CAS, transgene vector construction, recombinant protein production, induced-pluripotent stem cell methods, and confocal microscopy.
4. Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed records of experiments.
5. Assists with the preparation of data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: 10% of time
6. Assists with training laboratory staff as needed.
7. Maintains detailed experimental records.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; ability to analyze and interpret data
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: PhD in a related scientific discipline
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.