Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support the Center for Rehabilitation Sciences Research (CRSR) at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, located in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CRSR.
Responsible for initiating and carrying out research projects in collaboration with a research team, supervising research assistants, working with the Program Manager and Director for strategic planning. Must have demonstrable track record of publishing peer-reviewed publications as a first author and have successfully received grant funding.
1. Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development.
2. Writes original grant applications for extramural funding opportunities.
3. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products.
4. Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed records of experiments.
5. Assists with the preparation of data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals.
6. Supervises research assistants and other onsite staff for CRSR.
7. Assists with training laboratory staff as needed.
8. Maintains cleanliness of laboratory and office areas.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; ability to analyze and interpret data
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: PhD in a related scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; intricate work with hands; carrying of light and moderately heavy laboratory equipment
Must be a US Citizen
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: May provide guidance to laboratory staff
Work Environment: Laboratory environment; may involve working with biohazardous materials; may require working evenings and weekends
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Vice President of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.